Who we are
Our website address is: https://kangaonline.com.au.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
The Legal Information:
- KangaOnline is highly committed in complying with the Australian and international privacy laws and to protect our customers privacy.
- KangaOnline collects details from its customer for the sole purpose of processing the customer’s order more efficiently and to allow customers to fully experience and benefit our online ordering features.
- All customer information and credit card data is securely processed and encrypted through the payment gateway stripe to offer the highest level of protection possible. The payment gateway adheres to the highest security standards set by Visa and MasterCard. During the payment gateway transactions, KangaOnline does not store the credit card personal details.
- KangaOnline does not disclose, sell or trade any collected information of its customers to any third parties other than those used to provide customer feedback or to verify the order, such as banks or the financial issuer of credit card.
- KangaOnline does not disclose any information about our suppliers to anyone unless it is deemed necessary e.g., for warranty registration or claims.
- KangaOnline provides your contact number and email information to delivery partners (Australia Post & Star Track) to ensure customers are kept up to date on their delivery status. You can find their privacy policies here (Auspost and StarTrack).
- KangaOnline will use email whenever possible to keep customer informed of their order status.
- KangaOnline will not use customer details or email addresses for sending unsolicited emails (SPAM) unless the customer has opted into the KangaOnline Mailing List.
- KangaOnline will provide the customer details to the appropriate authorities if the information we received is deemed to be false, misleading or fraud.
- KangaOnline will record all phone conversation for quality, security and training purposes.
- KangaOnline uses “cookies” for maintaining contact with a user through a website session. A cookie is a small file supplied by our web server and stored by the web browser software on your computer when you access this site. An explanation of cookies can be found at the site of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- Cookies allow us to recognize you as an individual as you move from one of our web pages to another.
- This information is only used to help you use our website systems more efficiently, for example by maintaining a record of what sorting you prefer to view pages in, not to track your movements through the internet, or to record private information about you.
- In addition to web server logs, this website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Reports obtained from Google Analytics are used to help improve the efficiency and usability of this web site.
- Google Analytics uses “cookies” to help analyse how users use this site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
- Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, may show KangaOnline ads on sites across the Internet.
- KangaOnline and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to your website.
- KangaOnline may also use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics.
- Search terms you enter when using our search engine are collected, but are not associated with any other information that we collect. We use these search terms to ascertain what customers are looking for on our site, and to improve the services and products that we provide.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.
- There maybe misprints, human errors, or omissions on our website. We reserve the right to make changes and corrections in prices, products and specifications without notice.
- We are not responsible for typographical errors.
- From time to time manufacturer’s specifications are subject to change without notice as they improve their products therefore information as well as pictures and hyperlinks contained throughout this website can sometimes be out of date.
- We do not own or publish the content of the respective manufacturer’s website therefore the products we carry may sometime be different in content, packaging as well as technical specification as described by the links. If unsure and you have a specific requirement for a product please contact our sales team to confirm it otherwise we can not be held liable for any incorrect information supplied by the links on the website.
- All goods remain property of KangaOnline until payment has been received in full. Until title passes, KangaOnline can retain, repossess and/or resell all goods.
- KangaOnline reserves the right to withdraw any products or specials listed on its website and to update prices and stock availability according to the market condition without notice